Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sick as a dog

Important things happening in my family:

-I've fallen to 2nd in one of my fantasy baseball leagues. Sadness. I have a firm grasp on 1st place in another, but still this is unacceptable.

-I'm applying for a couple jobs with the State over the next week. I'm looking to go back to (or begin) working this fall/winter as we finish up the house. If anybody knows of a good job in Central Vermont, let me know. I've been out of the biology/environmental science field for a while, so we'll see w
hat happens. Unfortunately Julie says I can't put my above mentioned first place finishes in fantasy football/baseball, or my Xbox "Halo" rank, on my resume. Aren't potential employers going to want to know what I've been doing for the last three years?

-A virus has run rampant through the children of my household. The picture below is of my very sick and feverish son. So far, the adults have been relatively unaffected. Long days at the construction site, however, affect me very much. I fall asleep on the couch at 7pm alot these days.
-Farley, who Julie and I adopted, literally, on the day we moved in together in 2000, is not well. She has had chronic back/leg problems for a couple years, but has gone down hill significantly and rapidly in the last few weeks. After a trip to the vet, we learned that she likely is suffering from torn ACL's in both hind legs, and condition which will rapidly deteriorate until she is no longer able to stand up. Unfortunately, this problem is only treatable with surgery. Which has left us with an interesting and somewhat depressing choice to make. Enjoy several more months with our middle-aged dog until she can no longer walk and needs to be "taken care of", or pay to have surgery performed, at the rate of $1500/leg. Julie and I have largely ignored the subject for the last week or so, and both options seem to be out of the realm of possibility.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»