Monday, April 24, 2006

Our Brand New Web Site

We began work on our new house in Middlesex, VT on April 2nd. We began the project last summer, and had the basement & garage capped over by Thanksgiving. We left it alone for the winter, but now that spring is here, we're working on it Sun-Sat every other week. Julie's dad (Joe) and my friend from Americorps (Eric) are leading the operation, and Julie and I will be working on this house 60% of the time now, and 100% of the time when summer arrives. When complete, our crew of four (plus various friends and family) will have done just about everything except for the foundation (though we did the footings and prepped for the slab), the septic system, and the well.

I was going to send out updated pictures of the house at the end of each construction week, but Sarah convinced us that we should advance ourselves technologically and start a web page (blog) to chronicle our ongoing progress. And it will also give me a chance to brag on the kids and such. I'll try to remember to send out an email once in a while to remind people that I'm updating this, but you can feel free to bookmark it and comment all you like. You dirtbags out there, keep it clean though. My inlaws and grandparents are going to be reading this.

Before I move onto the house stuff, here's some pictures of the family. Oakley and Farley continue to be the best of friends, and very patient with the ankle-biters. Aiden is Evie's BFF, and he's been hanging out with the Moore family 4 days a week for the school year while his mom, Gretchen, teaches elementary school. Then, of course, there is my son. The lady's man.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to see the progress of your new home - and the update on your children!